I have now officially started to teach Justin and Tyler to ride a bike. I figure it is about time. They have never been interested in riding. But I can not have them not learn, right. So last Sunday is when we started. It was tough. They are more like me than I thought they were. My father has always told me that it is was nearly impossible to teach me to ride a bike. If I did not get things on the first try. I would give up. So did they. I guess it is hard that neither one of them have ever really rode a bike before. That is my fault.
Last night we tried it again. Their friend Brandon can ride a bike. So I thought would give them more of a push to learn to ride. Tyler got on the bike and he fell on the grass. You have thought that he had broken a bone. He was crying so loud. He did that a couple of more times with the crying. Then I realize that he thought in his head that he would get hurt if he fell. So I told him he was on grass and it would not hurt and to get that out of his head. He tried again and he actually started to do it. I am so proud of him for even trying. Just a couple more practices session he will know how to do it.
Justin is another story. He has never learn how to pedal a bike. He did not want to. So he is going to be more of a challenge. But you know I am going to keep working on him. I know he can do it. He did try last night and I am very proud of him also.
I think with Ethan we will start sooner.
Tap. Tap.
6 years ago
5 comments:
I'm with you. Our 6-year-old is a really timid guy. He used to love riding his bike until we mentioned it was almost time to remove the training wheels.
He hasn't been on that thing in weeks. I feel bad for him though, all of his friends "are doing it." He couldn't care less.
I think I should embrace his individuality and let him keep the darn things as long as he wants. That independent spirit will help me in the long run!!
Good luck! The grass was a great idea.
Em
My son just learned over the summer. A trick...raise the training wheels all the way up. Then make a game of trying to ride without "hearing" the training wheels! Worked like a charm!
Good luck!
Good luck with teaching them Stacey! I'm sure they'll love it when they figure it out!
Good luck! It will be worth it! Once they learn they will have so much fun riding bikes together!!!
Good luck with the teaching! I know they will learn soon enough:) Keep up the hard work boys!
Post a Comment