I just recently started to subscibe to parent's magazine. I found a very interesting article. It is called "Let your child soar(and 49 other ways to be a fantastic parent)" I won't go through all 49 of the things to do. But I found some are very helpful tips and some I did not even think about. I am trying to enjoy my boys more than I used to. I am trying to give them a great child hood. I feel like all I do is yell at them. I am trying not to do that anymore. It is hard. But I am trying. So here are some of the few things that I am going to try to do.
Don't clip your child's wings- Your toddler's mission in life is to gain independence. So when she's developmentally capable of putting her toys away, clearing her plate from the table, and dressing herself, let her.
Love your children equally, but treat them uniquely. They're individuals
Don't try to fix everything. I do this. I try and do everything for them. Now Justin does really know how to anything for himself
Make warm memories. I am scare that I am not doing this. I don't want them to grow up thinking that all we did was yell at them
Serve a food again and again. If your child rejects a new dish, don't give up hope.
Don't raise a spoiled kid. Another one of my biggest fears.
Trust your mommy gut I have always said that one. I wish I listen to it.
Ask your children 3 question a day.
Pick your battles I am trying to do this one. I heard about it on Super Nanny. It is not always easy.
Last one. Savor the moments. Yes, parenthood is the most exhausting job on the plant. Enjoy it now, it will be over far to fast. That is so true. This is the one I am going to try to do. They just grow up way to fast.
If you get a chance to read this article I would read it. It is very interesting.
Tap. Tap.
6 years ago
2 comments:
I saw this article too, Stacey, and found it interesting. I am glad that you found some value in it. You are a great mom! Remember that!
I read this too. I feel the same way that you do about yelling- I am glad I am not alone!
Post a Comment