Ethan loved bugs. He is a boy right. So he would love to watch them. It did not matter what type of bugs there was. He would jump for joy when he saw one. Well couple of weeks ago we were over at my parent's house and Ethan was on the power wheels. I was sitting up on the back porch and all of sudden I heard this scream. I look and there is Ethan freaking out. I jump up and run over there. I thinking that there is a snake over there or he was in the same spot that years ago that Tyler walk into a bee's nest. Tyler end up getting stung about 10 times by bees. Anyway I look down on the power wheels and there is a daddy long legs. First I tried to calm him down. Well it is not that easy to calm down a screaming 2 year old. So I pick him up and I tried to show him that the daddy long leg was not going to hurt him. He grab a hold of me and would not let go. Well that was just the beginning. We have crickets in our house. So he will not even go near them. He will see grass on the sidewalk and if it shape like a spider he will freak out. So last night I heard him screaming. I go into to his room and he is freaking out saying "bugs, bugs" He thought there was bugs in his bed and on him. I had to try to calm him down. He did not go back to sleep until about 3:00am. It was a long night. I hate when they have nightmares. I did not think that a 2 year old could have nightmares. I hope this fear of bugs passes soon.
Tap. Tap.
6 years ago
3 comments:
Oh poor Ethan! What a rough night for both of you!
I hope his fears pass soon. Maybe you should try a speacial bug eating lovey that will keep him safe at night.
Fears can come out of nothing. Remember Andrew had a fear of meatballs for a while! Brandon recently became afraid of the dark and what might be in it. So we made some 'monster spray.' It's just some water in a spray bottle, but he believe that mimi (Nancy) gave me the recipe. It helps. Maybe you should try putting water in a spray bottle and telling him it is bug spray to keep the bugs away? It might work.
Post a Comment