It is almost the new year and I sit here and wonder where the year has gone. It seems to me that when you get older that the years just fly by more than when you were younger. Maybe it is just because you pay more attention to it when you get older.
I sit here trying to remember what I did this year. The start of the year we started to put our house together so we could sell it. Our house has been on the market for about 9months and we have not had anyone make an offer for it. So instead of moving to Florida in 08 it will be hopefully in 09. I went to work full time instead of part time. It is harder to be away from the boys. But it was something I had to do.
Now onto the boys.
We will start with Justin. He is now 9 years old. He is in the 4th grade and this was the first year that he was on the honor roll. That in itself is hard for me to believe. This is the same boy, that a doctor told me when he was about 2, that he would never speak. If he ever did that he would have so much problems in schools. School would be very hard for him. She also told me that he was borderline mental challenge. I would have to say to that doctor. Look at him now. School comes so easy for him. He is very smart. He is very sensitive to everyone feelings. He is getting so big. It is so hard for me to believe he is going to be 10.
Now on with Tyler. He is now 7 years old and in the 1st grade. Tyler was diagnosed with ADD this year and has been on meds for it for about 6 months. He is doing very well now. It is amazing how much the meds has help him. He is doing well in school. He has trouble. School does not come as easily as it does for Justin. Tyler is more like me when it comes to school. I had to struggle in school also. His speech is getting better also. He can be understood about 85% of the time. With Kent or I, we can understand about 95% of the time. Tyler is a very sweet child
Last Ethan. Ethan is 2 and wishes he went to school with his brothers. He is a typical 2 year old. He is talking like his brothers never did. He amazes Kent and I every day. We are working on Potty training. We are also working on getting him off the pacifier. Both of them are a work in progress. He is a joy in our lives.
4 comments:
Your boys are all very cute and sound like amazing kids! I know you are a proud mama!
Its amazing to see/hear about how much they have grown in a year's time Stacey!
I wish you and your family the best in 2009!!!
I hope you are able to move to Florida in '09! Loved hearing about each of your boys, great idea!
Ah, the old pacifier fight. The Youngest's (2 1/2) dentist actually told us to have Santa come and take it when he left the presents.
That's a great idea doc! Ruin two great things in his life.
He still has it. He'll give it up soon enough.
Post a Comment