Thursday, April 16, 2009

Justin's 10th birthday


Tomorrow is Justin 10th birthday. I can not believe he is 10. 10 years ago today I had no idea that I was about to go into labor. He was not due for about another 3 weeks. I remember Kent had gone out for the night. I had gone to bed early that night because I was not feeling well. I woke up about midnight and I still was not feeling right. I went downstairs and started to talk to my mom. She told me that I did not look right. I said that I was feeling off. I decided to go back to bed. As I went to get in my bed. I felt this pop and then a gush. I went to get my mom. I told her I thought my water had just broke. She told why did I think that. I told her that there was a puddle on my floor. So we were off to the hospital. I was in labor for 9 hours and Justin Kent Phillip was born at 9:15am. He was perfect when he was born. About an hour after he was born he started to have problems breathing. He end up staying in the NICU for 6 days.


Justin is amazing child. He is very sensitive and smart. He has been a dream child. He was never hard to take care of when was a baby. He was so content just to sit there and play with his toys. He did not require any entertainment from you. He is still like that. Happy birthday Justin. I only hope that the next 10 years goes slower than the first 10.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Happy Birthday Justin!!

Karla said...

Happy 10th birthday Justin!!!

Can you believe you have been a Mom for 10 years Stacey??

:)

themomof3 said...

I'm a little slow in posting, lol, but I did read it and your son Justin sounds so much like my son Stephen, who is going to turn 10 end of June. He came early too (4 weeks early)
I hope it was an awesome bday!